The Healthiest, Most Comprehensive, Cutting Edge & FREE Nutrition Program you will find.
Read about the SCIENCE of this program here.
***All foods referenced are organic, free range and NATURAL***
Below is the general food list: to find a more specific list that matches your blood type, click below.
For more read here.
|70-90% Total Energy Source||10-30% Total Energy Source|
Fruits & Veggies
*Chicken meat has a high Omega 6 ratio, especially dark meat and skin, which is why it is a secondary food.
**Only if you are relatively healthy and active
***White rice is the least nutrient-dense carbohydrate here so it should not be a staple.
SECONDARY FOODS (choose only one of the following, per day)
1-Day per Week Foods – THE CHEAT DAY
- Anything you want! Bread, cake, etc. Reward yourself for staying true to your goals – unless of course you don’t like it or it upsets your stomach. The goal is that this day becomes healthier and healthier as you become healthier.
AVOID (unless it’s your cheat day)
- Processed foods (if you have to ask, it’s processed)
- Vegetable and industrial seed oils
- No-No list
- Cereal grains
- Candy and sugar, even the “healthy” sweeteners
- Wheat, oats, barley and natural grains
- Foods that make you bloated
- Diet or regular sodas (this is a HEALTH program)
THE 3 PHASES
1) Eliminate, Cleanse & Reset
3) Refine (correct & continue)
1) By starting the H2 Nutrition Program, you will undoubtedly be eliminating some crappy foods from your diet. This will automatically initiate phase I by naturally cleansing the body and resetting it to where it should be – this is the most difficult yet imperative time for any nutrition program.
If you are relatively unhealthy, this can be an unpleasant process that proves too much for many people to overcome because of the symptoms associated with detoxing and withdrawals – so hang in there, use your cheat days and do whatever it takes to stick with this program until it becomes a lifestyle.
2) Once you have eliminated unhealthy foods for at least one week, ideally three weeks, you can introduce them back (if you think you can’t live without them or you want to test food sensitivities), one at a time to see how your body reacts. You may find that foods you ate everyday are the cause of bloating, cramping, aches and pains, fatigue and mental fog.
This process will tell you if you are sensitive to specific foods and therefore should stay away from them and only eat on occasion. You can eliminate one or more foods at a time, but only reintroduce one at a time, in order to observe the true affects of that specific food without any interference from other foods being reintroduced.
3) This is a journey that can take a lifetime, so sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. If you observe your body and stay dedicated to improving your health through nutrition then you will find the best foods for your body and lifestyle. This is ONLY done through trial and error of your own efforts. You can learn more detailed ways to cleanse the body here.
NOTES & GUIDELINES
- This program is for relatively healthy people who are free of major diseases. If you have diabetes, hypothyroidism, metabolic syndrome, candida overgrowth, gut dysbiosis, etc., then you may need to modify accordingly, which of course takes a lot of research on your part or working with a professional. Go to the Vital Statistics and Tests for Optimum Health page to learn how to figure out how healthy you really are and go here to learn how to troubleshoot high cholesterol.
- Match your carbohydrates and serving size to your energy expenditure, i.e. if you sit all day you don’t need a lot. Carbs = fuel.
- Don’t eat big dinners or dense foods late at night.
- This program is basically void of grains, but if you tolerate some NATURAL grains in your diet, stick with them. Just don’t eat them because you heard they were good for you though, because for most people they are not, especially the way they are prepared these days.
- Not all vegetables are easy to digest and some have a lot of indigestible fiber that leaves some people bloated and gassy. If that is you, and you know what veggies I’m talking about, avoid them because they are rotting in your gut and causing health problems.
- As mentioned above, fiber can be an issue, so understand that fiber-rich foods and grains can be the cause of many stomach and health problems. Read more here on The Fiber Menace.
- Nuts and seeds are high in Omega-6 fatty acids, which promote inflammation, so limit yourself to about 4oz per serving daily and make sure they are prepared properly: read more here.
- Do not eat a food often if it is an avoid food for your blood type
- Make sure to have some type of carbohydrate with each meal, otherwise your blood sugar can drop and you are prone to hunger, fatigue, cold hands, headaches and more.
- If a glass of wine* or beer* a day helps you unwind and feel better, then do it. This is not a diet; it is a nutrition program that you can mold to meet your needs. Moderation is king. Just know that alcohol affects your digestive juices immensely especially if you already have poor digestion.
- None of this nutrition program will make you healthy if you don’t eat and sleep on a regular schedule while managing your stress.
- What you eat for breakfast is your foundation for the entire day; make it count.
- If you don’t have time to eat right or prepare your own foods then be prepared to make time later for treating the diseases poor nutrition causes.
Protein – Fat – Carbohydrate Ratios
Don’t believe any of the pre-fabricated ratios promoted out there, i.e. the 30-30-40 diet or whatever. We are all different – our own body can even change its needs for certain nutrients on a day to day basis. For this reason, it is up to you to observe your body and how it reacts to different ratio’s of fats, proteins and carbohydrates, and then notice how it can change on a given day depending on the season and your activity level. The blood type foods give great hints to what direction your body likes to balance itself.
You may need to log your meals and post-meal symptoms for awhile to get a good idea of the best ratios. If you are bloated and sluggish after a meal, it is the wrong ratio ,and/ or the wrong foods.
Depending on your history (antibiotic use, infections, exposure to toxins, poor nutrition, etc.) or blood type, you may be very sensitive to certain foods. Only your own observation and intuition will tell you which foods, as food allergy tests are very inaccurate, no matter how good they say they are.
For these reasons, please be aware of how your stomach reacts to the following foods – if you are sensitive to any of the following, eliminate them until you figure out the cause, which could be many things and often takes the detective work of an experienced, holistic health care professional. Or, you may simply need to balance yourself for awhile and heal your gut, then all of these foods will become easier to tolerate.
At Hallford Health we love options so I have a bunch of nutrition tools for you to try out and see which work best for you. These links will take you to my main nutrition blog; try to learn and apply a new tool every week, eventually utilizing as many tools as possible, on a daily basis.