1. Bone broths and gelatin.
- Our ancestors used these to stay healthy and strong without wasting any parts of the animal. Without animal broths we miss essential nutrition for our bones, skin, hair, organs and rest of the body. Read what these experts have to say about it and how to make it here, here and here.
2. Raw milk, butter, ghee and kefir
- This is a touchy topic that is making its way to supreme court and getting people and communities arrested! Know your facts and choose raw dairy, ghee and kefir as often as possible if health is your goal. At least that’s what these people say here, here, here, here and here.
- Pasteurization destroys enzymes, proteins and worsens health.
3. Pre and Probiotics and Yogurt
4. Coconut Oil
5. Eggs and saturated fat from GRASS FED animals
- Don’t be afraid of these. Our ancestors ate them and were healthier than we are today by far. Don’t believe me?, Read what these brilliant people have to say about it here, here, here, here, here, here, here and here.
(in no particular order)
- Balance your Omega 3s & 6s. Learn more here and here.
- Eat a lot of antioxidants, especially if you’re exposed to a tremendous amount of toxins and bacteria, i.e. city folk, people working around pesticides or chemicals, hospital workers etc.. For high exposure people a super-supplement is often necessary; I use NingXia Red.
- Eat very little PUFAS and an abundance of natural, saturated fats. Learn why here, here, here, here, here, here, here and here.
- Follow the TOP 10 FOOD INFLUENCES ON YOUR METABOLISM
- Match your nutrition with your activity levels, daily. Most importantly your carbohydrates should match your energy expenditure; therefore, if you sit all day you don’t need as much as you do when you’re active.
- Eat real food as it was intended to be, grow, feed & roam, etc.
- Avoid processed soy (see here, here & here), and while you’re at it, avoid everything else processed.
- Focus on these three oils; olive, macadamia & coconut oil
- Avoid those items on the No-No list
- Don’t feel guilty about eating the wrong foods. Nobody is perfect and that includes you. Stick to the plan as best as you can – measure yourself by how you bounce back from imperfections and how far you have come.
***These 10 essentials are what the Hallford Health Nutrition Program are designed around, and if you follow the program, you will automatically get the benefits of this list.***