1. Bone broths and gelatin.
- Our ancestors used these to stay healthy and strong without wasting any parts of the animal. Without animal broths we miss essential nutrition for our bones, skin, hair, organs and rest of the body. Read what these experts have to say about it and how to make it here, here and here.
2. Raw milk, butter, ghee and kefir
- This is a touchy topic that is making its way to supreme court and getting people and communities arrested! Know your facts and choose raw dairy, ghee and kefir as often as possible if health is your goal. At least that’s what these people say here, here, here, here and here.
- Pasteurization destroys enzymes, proteins and worsens health.
3. Pre and Probiotics and Yogurt
4. Coconut Oil
5. Eggs and saturated fat from GRASS FED animals
- Don’t be afraid of these. Our ancestors ate them and were healthier than we are today by far. Don’t believe me?, Read what these brilliant people have to say about it here, here, here, here, here, here, here and here.
Let’s face it, we don’t always make the best choices when it comes to snack foods while on vacation, so it’s much easier to make healthy choices and stay on track by purchasing snacks prior to starting out on any adventure.
If you can’t bring your own, then you can go to the stores where you are traveling and pick up some healthy options. Yes, that’s not always feasible and not every store sells organic tortilla chips and raw cheddar cheese, so here’s a list to check out with better choices than the candy selection on aisle 3.
- Tortilla chips (many stores sell organic varieties, but if not, choose the brand with the least amount of ingredients)
- Nuts and raisins
- Trail mix (without added sugar or those little chocolate candy pieces that resemble m & m’s 😉
- Peanut butter and baby carrots
- Sliced cheese and salami
- Beef jerky
- Cliff Bars, Luna Bars, etc.
- Granola bars
- Veggie trays
- Pretzels or peanut butter pretzels
- Peanut butter and crackers
- Dried fruits (unsulphured and unsweetened if possible)
- Crackers and hummus